Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Personal and Money Troubles

Wow it's been almost a month since my last post and alot has happened in that time. Almost left my wife and had several money woes that caused friction between us and a family member. It all started with the $1200 loan from a family member that I accumulated a $1000 of it and it quickly became $0 as I previous wrote about in Definitely not a good start to the Morning.

Basically the family member came to collect about 2 weeks ago and I had the displeasure of telling them unfortunately I don't have it. Talk about feeling about 2 inches tall. They were in need of having this money to handle some situations of their own which I was aware of when I borrowed the money and promised that I would have it back to them in time. There is not any feeling worse than hurting a family member that helped you out in your time of need and you can't hold up to your end of the deal.

When my wife got home that day, the family member laid into her. My wife looked devastated the same way I was feeling and my family member told her that we need to get our money situation under control and need to start working as a team and that they wash their hands of our money issues that there will be no more help. I finally felt like my wife understood, that is until my family member left the house. And my wife went back to business as usual which completely infuriated me that she didn't seem to care that we basically screwed over a family member that has helped us out so much in the past.

Over the next two weeks I was extremely cold to my wife as well as threw out many comments about her spending. It all came to a boiling point Saturday night I can't remember how it started but it basically came down to I'm done and I'm leaving in the morning with a garbage bag filled with my clothes and she can have everything else. Needless to say it was a very heated discussion that went on till 2 in the morning we agreed to keep trying and work as a team on the money issue. This is the last chance if it doesn't happen next time I will just leave without notice as I can't continue to live this way nor do I want to put my children through it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that's tough! I wish you luck with your loan. When the dust settles, you may be able to work out a plan to resolve this.